Before the test
• Candidates must provide proof of identity (passport or national identity card) when registering. This document must contain an identity number, date of birth and a photograph. Candidates taking the test outside their own country must produce a passport.
• Inform UKiset of any changes to the candidate’s identity document before the test date. Undeclared changes may result in a candidate not being allowed to take the test, and you will not be eligible for a refund or transfer.
On the test day
• Bring the same identity document on the test day as the one recorded for the candidate when registering. Without this the candidate will not be allowed to take the test and you will not be eligible for a refund or transfer.
• Candidates under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the test centre and in transit to and from the test centre.
• Bring a set of headphones
• Arrive at the test centre at least 20 minutes before the scheduled test start time. If the candidate arrives late:
o They may not be admitted to the test room.
o They may not be allowed to take any of the test components.
o They may not be eligible for a refund or transfer.
• The candidate must leave personal belongings outside the test room. The only items allowed in the test room are a pen, pencil, eraser and headphones.
• Switch off any mobile phones and leave outside the test room. Any candidate who does not switch off their phone, or takes any electronic device into the test room, will not be allowed to complete the test and will not receive a UKiset test result or be eligible for a refund or transfer.
• The test centre cannot be responsible for any valuables brought to the test centre on the test day.
• The candidate’s identity will be verified on the test day. This may include one or all of the following:
1. Providing the identity documents used to register the student
2. The candidate having their photograph taken. They would be required to temporarily remove any covering from their face. A candidate who refuses to have a photograph taken may not be permitted to sit the test and will not be entitled to a refund. The photograph taken by the test centre will only be used, if necessary, as proof of identity.
3. Providing a sample of your signature
During the test
• Keep only the following items on your desk: your identity document, pen(s), pencil(s), eraser(s) and headphones
• Candidates will be informed that they should tell the test supervisor or invigilator at once:
o if they lose internet connection or the computer is not working
o if the headphones don’t work or stop working
o if they need to go to the bathroom between the breaks in the test
o if they feel unwell
• The candidate can raise their hand to attract attention if they are in doubt about what to do. An invigilator will be available to offer assistance.
• Candidates may not ask for, and will not be given, any explanation of the test questions.
• Inform the test supervisor or invigilator on the day of the test if you believe that your performance may have been affected by ill health, or by the way in which the test is delivered at the centre, or for any other reason. If you have a complaint relating to the delivery of the test, you must submit your complaint to the test centre before you leave the centre on test day. UKiset will not accept complaints relating to the delivery of the test after test day.
• Candidates must not …
o talk to or disturb other candidates once the test has started.
o lend anything to, or borrow anything from, another candidate during the test.
o eat or smoke in the test room.
o leave the test room without the permission of the test supervisor or invigilator.
o leave your seat until all test materials have been collected and you have been told you can leave.
o engage in any form of malpractice which may damage the integrity and security of the UKiset test.
Malpractice includes, but is not limited to:
▪ attempting to cheat in any way.
▪ impersonating another candidate or having another person impersonate you.
▪ copying the work of another candidate.
▪ disrupting the test in any way.
▪ reproducing any part of the test in any medium.
▪ attempting to alter the data on the UKiset report to parents or schools.
• Candidates engaging in malpractice will not be allowed to complete the test and will not receive a UKiset result. Candidates who are found to have engaged in malpractice on test day after their result has been issued will have their result cancelled. Candidates engaging in malpractice may be liable to legal action.
After the test
• Results are issued by UKiset usually within three business days; or as close to this timescale as possible.
• The provided contact (parent, guardian, or agent) at the point of registration will receive one copy of the candidate’s UKiset results report.
• The UKiset reports will be issued in the candidate’s name as it appears in their registration. If you find that the candidate’s details are incorrect on the reports, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request changes.
• A candidate’s result may not be issued the next working day after the test if any of the UKiset Test Partners deem it necessary to review any matter associated with their test. In exceptional circumstances a candidate may be required to re-take one or more UKiset components. The UKiset reports may be cancelled after they have been issued if any irregularity is identified.
• Candidates cannot access the work produced in UKiset at any point after the test.
Cancellation & Refunds
• All refunds are subject to a £35 administration fee
• Refunds are only eligible within 90 days of registration
• If you cancel your test within two weeks of the test date for any reason apart from medical ones, you may not be eligible to receive a refund. If you cancel your test or request a transfer within two weeks of the test date for medical reasons, you must provide supporting medical evidence within five working days of the test date. Only evidence of serious illness or injury will be considered. Only original medical certificates will be accepted and must state inability to appear for the test on the scheduled test date.
Your Privacy and Data
• The UKiset Test Partners recognise and support the rights of genuine UKiset test candidates to privacy.
• Candidate information will only be sent to those Recognising Organisations nominated by the UKiset candidate or their responsible adult (parent/guardian or academic agent)
• The UKiset Test Partners or their authorised representatives may share candidate personal data including, without limitation, test performance or score data or photographs, taken by the UKiset test centre with educational institutions, governments (including visa processing authorities) and professional bodies that recognise UKiset scores (‘Recognising Organisations’) or law enforcement agencies and appropriate regulatory authorities where required, for verification purposes or other purposes to protect the UKiset test and its stakeholders against any form of malpractice.
• UKiset Test Partners may use UKiset test score data and test responses, in an anonymous and/or aggregated form, for informational, research, statistical or training purposes.
• UKiset will never share candidate information with an unauthorised third party, or use personal information for unsolicited marketing purposes.
It must be acknowledged by the candidate and/or by their parent or guardian or representative at the point of registration.
I certify that the information provided as part of my registration form is complete, true and accurate.
I understand that the personal data on this registration form, the identity photos taken by the test centre, the results and responses to the UKiset test (My Data) is collected for the purposes of the UKiset test and my application to my Chosen Schools.
I consent for My Data to be disclosed to, processed and stored for the administration of sitting the UKiset Test and in my application to the Chosen Schools by the UKiset Partners and their group companies and my Chosen Schools. I further consent for My Data, including, without limitation, test performance or score data or photographs taken by the UKiset test centre and my test result to be disclosed by the UKiset Partners to those Chosen Schools to which I apply and to governments (including visa processing authorities), for the purpose of allowing these organisations to verify my test result or to carry out enquiries in relation to suspected malpractice.
I understand that My Data may be processed in an anonymous form for statistical and research purposes. The UKiset Partners and the centre administering the test confirm that they will not disclose My Data to third parties.
I understand that if the details in this registration are not complete my application may be delayed or not processed. I further understand that completing and submitting this registration does not guarantee enrolment on my preferred test date or at my preferred test location. I understand that my enrolment will be confirmed in writing from UKiset or the test centre.
I understand that My Data collected during the identity verification process by the test centre either at test registration or on test day will be processed and securely stored by the UKiset Partners for the purpose of the UKiset test.
I understand that the test centre may take my photograph for security reasons. I acknowledge that the photograph taken of me by the centre will be provided upon request to any Chosen Schools or government authorities (including visa processing authorities) to which I apply for the purposes of allowing these organisations to verify my test results, or to carry out enquiries in relation to possible malpractice or test integrity issues.
I acknowledge that I have read the UKiset Terms and Conditions and agree to abide by the rules and regulations contained therein.
I understand that my results will be published in a report and that they will be sent to the email address provided at registration only.
I understand that some schools may only accept UKiset as a pre-selection test and that I may be required to take further tests by the school I am applying to.
I understand that not all British education independent schools will accept UKiset test reports and results.
I understand that UKiset have a responsibility to all candidates and Chosen Schools to ensure the highest confidence in the accuracy and integrity of test results and that the UKiset Partners therefore reserve the right to withhold test results temporarily or permanently, or to cancel test results which have been issued, if they consider those results to be unreliable for reasons of suspected malpractice or any other irregularity in the test process.
I understand that my results may not be issued after the test if UKiset deem it necessary to review any matter associated with my test, including making enquiries as to whether any rules or regulations have been breached, as outlined in the UKiset Terms and Conditions. I understand that in exceptional circumstances I may be required to re-take one or more UKiset components.
I understand that if I am suspected of engaging in any form of malpractice, or do anything that might damage the integrity and security of UKiset, I may not receive a test result, my test fee will not be refunded and I may be prohibited from taking the UKiset test in the future.
I understand that if any other person attempts to take the UKiset test in my place (i.e. in place of the person whose details appear on this form), both I and such person will be liable to prosecution. Details relating to the situation may be provided to the relevant authorities, including visa processing authorities and appropriate regulatory authorities.
I understand that the work I produce as part of the UKiset test remains the property of UKiset. Under no circumstances will it be released to candidates or to institutions or organisations without permission from the registered responsible adult or agent representative.
I understand that I will be charged the full test fee if I cancel my test or request a transfer within two weeks of the test date, unless I provide appropriate medical evidence to support the cancellation or transfer.
The UK Independent Schools’ entry test (UKiset) is designed to be one of a number of factors used by academic institutions in determining whether a candidate may be offered a place at their institution. UKiset is not necessarily the sole method of determining admission for the candidate. UKiset is made available worldwide to all persons who are aged 9-18 years old, regardless of gender, race, nationality or religion.
Gabbitas Educational Consultants Limited and any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering UKiset shall not be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special, punitive, or similar damages arising out of access to, use of, acceptance by, or interpretation of the results by any third party, or any errors or omissions in the content thereof.
The UKiset Test Providers regard the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as important to our successful operations and to the maintenance of confidence of those with whom we deal. As such this statement will apply equally to all of our offices irrespective of where they are based.
We will comply with the provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR) and any related legislation in so far as the same relates to the provisions of these terms and conditions. We shall apply the GDPR globally, except where part or all of any local law is stronger. www.ukiset.com/privacy