Benefits for schools
UKiset has been designed to help identify the most suitable candidates for your school. It does this in a super smart way without costing you time or money.
UKiset provides all the information you need to make an informed initial appraisal of the strength of international applicant. The profile provides an accurate indicator of an overseas applicant’s academic abilities and compares them directly against their British peers in the UK and in the independent sector specifically. It may also:
- dove-tail effectively with your own baseline testing (we use CEM assessments and standardisations)
- eliminate unnecessary paperwork and reduce the administration of overseas applicants
- reduce or eliminate the setting and marking of your own papers
- significantly speed up the decision making process
The UKiset profile for schools consists of a complete overview of the candidate’s potential. It is designed to provide enough information for schools to make an evidenced-based decision on whether this applicant is a good fit for them and whether they wish to pursue the application further. The school profile includes:
- A full candidate profile, including a photo, ID checks and full contact details
- Standardised scores in core cognitive processing skills: verbal, non-verbal and maths reasoning
- Comparisons with the British state and independent sectors
- Scores include National Percentile Ranking, Predicted future grades at GCSE and A-Level (where appropriate)
- Current CEFR level and IELTS-equivalent English score
- A handwritten English essay (30 minutes free writing on an expository topic)
To see a sample profile and talk through the value of using UKiset, do get in touch with our team by emailing email@example.com.
N.B. Schools are under no obligation to accept a student based on their UKiset result. We suggest that schools do not publish their UKiset score expectations – as this may mislead families about the availability of a place. We request that schools respond to the applicant directly with their decision.